New London County 4-H Forms/Publications
Select the appropriate form. PDF forms may be completed online. Once complete, save the form as a PDF file on your computer, and send the completed form by Email or mail to:
Pamela M Gray
New London County 4-H Program
562 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT 06360
If any forms are not working, let the 4-H office know!
New London County Recognition
- NLC 4-H Volunteer Award
- NLC 4-H Youth Project Award- nominated by leader
- NLC 4-H Youth Recognition Form- submitted by youth
New London County 4-H Recognition Night is held in November each year. This evening is dedicated to recognizing the excellent work accomplished by our 4-H'ers and volunteers. We award volunteers who have served 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and yes, we even have volunteers who have served over 50 years! 4-H'ers are awarded special 4-H Project Pins and gift-certificates for project work. Anyone (youth included) can nominate for the NLC 4-H Volunteer Award, which can be a leader, parent, or 4-H community partner. All of the nominations are above are due to the county office by Nov. 1st and are judged by a panel.
New London County 4-H Public Speaking:
All 4-H'ers are encouraged to join in the Public Speaking contests. They can present a speech, a power point, a demonstration, or an illustrated talk (using poster or photos) and are divided into Explorers, Junior, and Senior presenters. The guidelines for the speeches, presentations, and local contests are in the NLC 4-H Public Presentation Information Flyer below. Topics are entirely of the presenters choosing. Everyone receives a participation ribbon, and only the top scorers are announced. Explorers receive a participation ribbon, but are not judged.
New London County is fortunate to have over 80 4-H'ers participate in Public Speaking! The first level of competition is a 'local contest.' Clubs take turns hosting the local contests, which are loosely based on county geography. There are usually 5-6 of these competitions, which are open to all 4-H'ers. The winners at the local level then compete at the county level, which is generally the last friday in February. The winners of the county competition go on to the CT 4-H contest in March, held at the UConn West Hartford Campus.
To check on the dates, times, and location of this year's contests, visit our 4-H calendar here
- NLC Public Speaking Club or Individual Registration
- New London County Public Presentation Evaluation Form
- NLC 4-H Public Presentation Information Flyer
- New London Country Public Presentation Programs Local Coordinator’s Report
Help Build Your Public Speaking Skills
- Building Public Speaking Skills
- Communicating with PowerPoint
- Demonstration Worksheet
- Demonstrations for 4-H Members
- Let’s Demonstrate
New London County 4-H Food Show
The NLC Food Show takes place in March. This fun and delicious event is for group participation- independent members can contact the 4-H office to connect with a participating club. The theme of the Food Show and accompanying Poster Contest is announced in January. Club members work together to plan their menu, table settings and decorations, and costumes (if they choose) in whatever imaginative way they interpret the theme. 4-H'ers do their own cooking for the event. Guidelines are outlined in the NLC Food Show Info Flyer below.
Judges visit each table, with 4-H'ers present to answer questions. When judging is finished, all 4-H'ers, judges, and family members sample all of the wonderful foods! The top three scoring tables are announced and win the coveted '4-H Spatula Award' and the top three posters are awarded prizes.
- NLC Food Show Info Flyer
- NLC Food Show Registration
- 4-H Food Show Score Sheet
- 4-H Food Show Evaluations Guidelines
- NLC 4-H Menu Planner Worksheet
CT 4-H Expressive Arts Day
This event takes place in March. 4-H'ers with clothing and/or Smart Shopping are judged prior to the event, other craft entries are judged the day of. 4-H'ers can enter any sewn objects (clothes, pillows, toys, etc), knitted or crocheted items, or craft they have made themselves. All items are judged on the Danish system. Art and Photography are entered by the last friday in February.
Expressive Arts Day features hands-on workshops and activities for the 4-H'ers, ending with a Fashion Show. Blue ribbon Senior 4-H clothing fashionistas are eligible to compete for the 4-H Court of Honor on the day of the program.
- 4-H Home Arts and Crafts Judging Sheet
- 4-H Fashion Revue Judging Form Sewn Items
- Smart Shopping Judging Sheet
- Smart Shoppers Workbook
New London County 4-H Fair & Exposition
Visit the NLC 4-H Fair & Exposition page for more information.
- NLC 4-H Fair/Expo Livestock Entry Form
- NLC 4-H Fair/Expo Goat Entry Form
- NLC 4-H Fair/Expo Exhibit Hall Entry Form
- NLC 4-H Fair/Expo Robotics Challenge Entry Form
- NLC 4-H Fair/Expo Overnight Permission Slip
- NLC 4-H Fair/Expo Working Animal & Pulls Entry Form
- NLC 4-H Fair/Expo Dog Show Entry Form
NLC Fair Ad Campaign
- NLC Ad Campaign Flyer
- NLC Ad Campaign Tally Sheet
- NLC Fair Ad/Sponsor Contract
- SAMPLE NLC Ad Campaign Tally Sheet